Question not Giarc
Craig is an excellent tool for recording Discord, but bugs or hardware failure are always possible. To try to alleviate this issue, there is a second instance of Craig, Giarc, running on a separate server in a different part of the world.
Giarc is a backup for Craig. That means that you shouldn't use Giarc without Craig: Invite both to your server, and both to your voice chats. Giarc responds to the same commands as Craig, and sends his responses through Craig when possible to avoid spamming you. If you record with both Craig and Giarc, you'll receive two download links, and should usually only need one. The second provides peace of mind!
Some details on using Giarc:
- Giarc does not reply to public commands, so that you don't get spammed by both Craig and Giarc.
- Like Craig, Giarc sends you a download link when you start recording. When possible, Giarc sends it via Craig, so you won't get flooded with messages from multiple bots. The message from Giarc is labeled “[BACKUP]”.
- Giarc is hosted in France, while Craig is hosted in Canada. As such, if you're in Europe or Asia, you may prefer to use Giarc's download links instead of Craig's. Feel free! Giarc has all the same functionality as Craig does.
- All Craig users are free to use Giarc. Patrons receive the same patron benefits as when using Craig.
- If you really, really want to, you can use Giarc independently of Craig. To do so, use
@Giarc as the command prefix instead of